Pages

19 February 2010

A walk around the Espoo Cathedral






On Sunday I went on a walk around the Espoo Cathedral (Espoon tuomiokirkko / Esbo domkyrka) while Mirja was at football practice. It was sunny and cold and absolutely gorgeous weather. The Cathedral is the oldest building in Espoo. The oldest parts are from the 1480s. The Cathedral is special to me because both my girls have been baptized in it. The Cathedral is going to be closed until the end of November because of restorations. The Cathedral is built next to the Espoo river.
Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. What a nice winter wonderland. The cathedral looks just lovely! Greetings from Germany - and a relaxing weekend, Inge

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I will return your visit (if I haven't visited you already), but please be patient. I might not be able to do so until the weekend. Take care!