Pages

06 December 2010

Independence Day











Today we are celebrating our Independence Day. Since we haven't been invited to the Independence Ball at the Presidential Palace (the invitations must have gotten lost in the mail!?!), we are enjoying a quiet day at home doing as little as possible together.

It's been snowing the whole day. I actually dusted of my knitting needles and some yarn and started knitting a scarf. Thick yarn, big needles and easy pattern = perfect to do while watching the telly. The girls are fighting over who's going to get the scarf once it's finished. I have more of the same yarn in another color. Looks like I'll have to knit another scarf.

3 comments:

  1. Knitting on a snowy day is a perfect thing to do. I love the blueish winter light of your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love looking at snow....in pictures. Thank you for sharing the beautiful scenery where you live!

    Pity about the missing invitation getting lost. Do you all set off fireworks when celebrating your Independence Day like Americans? Seems like it would be too cold (at least for me!) to get crowds out to watch them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you LeAnn and Kelley! Most days it seems it doesn't get light at all.

    We're fond of regulating things in Finland and fireworks are only allowed on New Year's Eve after 6 in the evening to 2 in the morning (except for big events with the permission of the fire department but that's the professionals, not ordinary people). You also have to be 18 to buy fireworks and they're only sold between Christmas and New Year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I will return your visit (if I haven't visited you already), but please be patient. I might not be able to do so until the weekend. Take care!